VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"My top five picks in Russia:..." Russia Favorite Tip by aliante1981

Russia General: 192 reviews and 175 photos

Favorite thing: My top five picks in Russia: Dubna - my home town. I've posted Moscow just because I study there and it is the nearest big city to Dubna - they are distant just 130 km. *************** Warm weather in summer - not as warm as I'd like it to be, but not bad really ********** Flat landscapes of the northern part of the country ************* Churches - they provide really interesting material to anyone who wishes to understand Russian architecture ********** Moscow in the evening - the illumination is really nice.

5 things I hate about Russia: Foul language you hear in abundance in the streets - I wish they fined people for this ********** Crowds in Moscow's subways</b> - in such moments it seems that Moscow has twice the official number of its inhabitants ********* Winters - I just do not like cold and snow ************ The conditions of small towns and villages - they are more than just simply neglected, this places seem to have lost their way in time ************ Commuter trains - hot in summer, cold in winter and dirty pretty much all year round.

• Written Aug 25, 2002

Comments

aliante1981

“Even the longest journey begins with a single step...”

Have you been to Russia?