The Palkiyi Haveli in Kota: "Great family run hotel in Kota" India Hotel Tip by Paul2001

India Hotels: 376 reviews and 462 photos

Courtyard, Hotel Palkiyi Haveli
      Courtyard, Hotel Palkiyi Haveli
      The Front Gate of the Palkiyi Haveli in Kota
    by Paul2001

This is a relatively new establishment with extremely helpful management. The rooms (there are just ten) are spotlessly clean and modern. Baths are heated with a hot water tank located in your washroom. Excellent plumming for India. I highly recommend this hotel. It was value for my rupee the best place I stayed in throughout my trip to India.
A strange thing happened while I stayed here. At 7am on the first two mornings I stayed here, I was awakened by a group of people singing. After the second time I asked the owner more out of curiosity than a complaint, what was up with the singing. He seemed embarrassed by my inquiry and told me that it would not happen again. On my third morning at the hotel there was no singing. I realized afterward that the singing was the family who owned the hotel conducting somekind of religious service. If I had been aware of that initially I probably would not have mentioned anything.

Unique Qualities: The owner of the Palkiyi Haveli in Kota will arrange for tours that you can take throughout this underrated and largely overlooked region of Rajasthan.

Address: Kota, Rajasthan
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: Near the City Palace(the only hotel in this district)
Price: US$20-40