"Burgtheater" Top 5 Page for this destination Burgtheatre - Austrian National Theatre Tip by globetrott
Burgtheatre - Austrian National Theatre, Vienna: 35 reviews and 58 photos
Burgtheater is one of the oldest stages in the german-speaking world, but the building that you see today dates back to the year 1888 and was built by Gottfried Semper and Karl von Hasenauer.
Even when you are not interested in attending a theatre-performance there it makes sense to walk around the building and see some of the great architectonical sights - some of them are shown on my pictures : The lamps at the entrance are made by sculptured eagles, all of the facades are decorated with great stucco-works showing famous actors, poets or characters of famous plays...
Take a look also at my last picture, it is the base of a street-lamp in front of Burgtheater.
Address: A-1010 Wien / Dr.Karl-Lueger-Ring 1
Directions: Burgtheater is opposite of the townhall - Take tram #1 or #2 or D. Next U-bahn-station is Schottentor
Phone: +43 1 514444140
More Things to Do in Vienna (38)
More Reviews (163)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
- See All a full day in Vienna
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels