"2-3 hours in Vienna" Top 5 Page for this destination sightseeing & day-excursions Tip by globetrott
sightseeing & day-excursions, Vienna: 15 reviews and 40 photos
Favorite thing: It is the best, when you start at Karlsplatz or Oper - both of them are in the centre of town and it is really easy to get there by tram and U-bahn.On Karlsplatz you may see first the Art-Nouveau-stations built by Otto Wagner , they are used as a cafe today. Karlskirche is great to see from a distance already, but to enter it, you have to pay an entrance-fee.
Go back to Ringstrasse and Oper :take tram #1 or #2 - both of them DO NOT FULLY go around the Ringstrasse anymore, so check the schedules at the stations !
A dayticket will allow you to hop on and off these trams any-where you may want.
Walk finally through Graben and Kohlmarkt to the Hofburg - through the giant gate you get to Heldenplatz - cross the Ringstrasse again and see Kunsthistorisches- and Naturhistorisches Museum with Maria-Theresia-Platz.
Your 3 hours will pass by quickly, but you have seen some of the best places and buildings already
Fondest memory: Along Ringstrasse you will pass by :Oper - Hofburg - Parliament - Townhall - Burgtheater - Votivkirche - University - Boerse - Stadtpark with Johann Strauss-monument (300 meters off the Ring) and a lot more . Once around the Ringstrasse without getting out is about 30 minutes.
From the Opera you may start to walk towards the Stephansdom and see the interesting details of it during the day.
More Reviews (189)
- See All a paradise of lovers of Harley Davidson
- See All Weihnachtsmarkt im Türkenschanzpark
- See All Bade-Schiff - a pool inside a ship
- See All a traditional Wiener Kaffeehaus
- See All An Art Nouveau-jewel
- See All WESTBAHN: the cheapest train to Salzburg
- See All Beware of the SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All Palais Liechtenstein
- See All a perfect hotel
- See All Mozart-people all over the centre of...
- See All Silvester-Pfad - the festivities at new...
Been to Vienna?Share your travels with the world!
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels