"Why did I not explore Italy..." Italy Favorite Tip by caprice4u2

Italy General: 753 reviews and 735 photos

Favorite thing: Why did I not explore Italy earlier in my life, I like it, i really like it...
<BR>

its not about the structures, as such...its not about the people, as such, its not about anything I can specifically 'put my finger on', well actually I can, but thats very subjective...its kind of the whole thing, the people...it is impossible to talk about 'the people' as an entity in itself, removing the individuality of ...individuals, but ok I will try:
<BR>

The people have a definate proud look, regardless of physical features the general picture I formed of people was that style and presentation was important, the clothes, stylish, understated, 'good', definate quality, the shoes/boots, well we know to look to italy for fine footwear, so its old news, the sunglasses...this drives me crazy, i yearn after many of the beautiful sunglasses I see people wearing, it is not fair, I want them all :-))
<BR>
The only thing i dont like is the popularity of real fur coats and decadence associated, this I personally find kills the effortless classy look I see in many people, but that is a personal thang.. and I dont mean to sound offensive.
Children,
<BR>
children look LIKE children, the innocent look is maintained for longer, the penchant for creating mini adults in adult style fashion is much less evident than in England, and I personally like this.
<BR>
I might be wrong, but I feel the relationship between adults and children is more reserved than my personal experience.
<BR>
I am used (because I guess of my work with kids and my general preference to kids in this nasty world than adults) to communicating with children wherever I go, by this I mean you know chit chatting with strangers with kids on the bus, sharing experiences etc, because I talk to everyone wherever i go, language barrier or not lol, I dont see this here, less eye contact, less casual chat, less elders 'cooing' over babies etc, this may well be a safety measure instilled in kids, but I wonder if it is social difference, there is (to me) more of a distinction between adult and child, more like my mums generation in terms of parent child relationships, maybe it is considered rude for children to address adults in an informal way generally, i dont know, perhaps I am talking rubbish, but as an avid people watcher i always observe and try and see how people are in different places... and I dont claim to have a thorough understanding of anywhere, it is so easy to generalise, but I do like to learn ...
<BR>

The architecture on a different note now was lovely, no that is an understatement, beautiful in Naples, (I like Naples and Neopolitan pride), also on the outskirts of Rome, although i find the countriside too similar to England in this part of italy, apparently it is very popular with the English..(why do we english feel we have to see englishesque things everywhere, its beyond me!) that is of course not including fantastic natural gifts like the 'hot rivers' and unique volcanic aromas :-)
<BR>
I think there is something within me that relates to Italy...I think the ambiguous meditarranian heritage my family posess might just be found in part of this wonderful place and so i feel a sense of affinity, perhaps not, but it is certainly a rlevant and significant place in my life!

• Written Aug 25, 2002

Comments

caprice4u2

“Peace costs nothing, share it and feel `rich`”

Ranked Member