"a wedding custom" Germany Local Custom Tip by Mandy23
Germany Local Customs: 320 reviews and 361 photos
What could be the first thing a newly-wed couple in Germany has to do?
Well, I have to add that this custom is not! popular all over Germany, but it´s possible that you´ll see it at one or another marriage *g*
<b>How to Saw a Log </b>
1. Step out of the church with a happy smile on your face like all newly-weds do until they see a huge log waiting for them.
2. Come close to the log (it should be placed on a sawing horse) and inspect it.
3. Choose a knotless sector (otherwise your log-sawing will replace your dinner, your party, and all things planned).
4. Take a saw with your right hand (unless you are left-handed).
5. Be sure to see your spouse on the other end of the saw (and across the log).
6. Encourage each other with a smile and start moving the saw!
7. Don't mind your friends and relatives with their kind (but distracting) remarks and laughter -- keep sawing.
8. When the saw stucks (yes, it will), get it out of the log and start moving it anew.
9. After you have finished, be careful: the logs (now two of them!) tend to land onto the sawyers' feet...
10. Sigh with relief (not too loud) and kiss your sawdusted spouse.
More Reviews (16)
- See All Upcoming Events
- photo equipment
- See All Extra hours to shop
- Fuel prices at record levels
Mandy23's Related Pages
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels