"Visit the street called..." La Boca District Tip by wadekorzan
La Boca District, Buenos Aires: 104 reviews and 208 photos
Visit the street called 'Caminito' in the barrio of La Boca. La Boca is a working class neighborhood, and is famous as being the birthplace of the Tango. In former days, when La Boca was the main port, men started doing the tango together, and only later did men dance tango with prostitutes. Even later it then became respectable for women to dannce the tango and of course now it is the most famous dance of Argentina. The main street of interest for tourists in La Boca is called Caminito meaning "little walkway", and is recognizable by all of its very colorful residences, many which house artists studios. Many artists displays ther works in this street and there are quite a number of souvenir stores. A few important tips about La Boca:
1. Leave La Boca no later than 6 PM (only go during the day time)
2. Don't venture away from the main street very far.
3. Watch for pickpockets.
4. Take a radio taxi there and back.
5. Try not to go on the days when there is a big soccor match, as the soccor stadium is in La Boca and sometimes fans get out of hand.
Phone: +54 11 4309-4700
More Things to Do in Buenos Aires (26)
More Reviews (48)
- See All A good parilla in Palermo, a locals...
- See All Great hotel, great location, great price
- See All Museum ship Fragata Sarmiento
- See All Watermelons on the go
- See All how to recognize the subway entrance
wadekorzan's Related Pages
Have you been to Buenos Aires?Share Your Travels