"Winter In Nagano" Top 5 Page for this destination Winter in Nagano Tip by kiwigal_1

Winter in Nagano, Nagano: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Snowy scene at night
by kiwigal_1

Favorite thing: In Nagano you really experience the four seasons as the climate and surroundings change a lot. One of my favourite times of year was winter because it snows. Where I come from in NZ it doesn't snow so I guess this was a bit of a novelty for me. I loved the way the snow lay on familiar landscapes and changed their appearance. Just beautiful!

One thing to be cautious of with the winter snow of course is driving. I did have times where the main high way between surrounding towns and Nagano was closed and got diverted over a mountain back road to drive back to Nagano. This was pretty scary and I would hesitate to do that again!

Remember to that the Jigokudani Monkey Park is an awesome winter activity in Nagano. Its an experience of a lifetime seeing the Macaque monkeys in the thermal baths (onsen) surrounded in snow.

Fondest memory: The way the snow settles on the trees is so beautiful.

Address: Nagano

• Updated Dec 2, 2016

Comments

kiwigal_1

“If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you already have.”

Have you been to Nagano?