" MONGOLIA " Asia Things to Do Tip by kiwigal_1

Asia Things to Do: 385 reviews and 595 photos

Manzhir Khid Monastery, Mongolia
by kiwigal_1

This absolutely amazing country was the location of my most recent adventures within Asia (not including Japan). I spent a month in Mongolia from the end of July to the end of August 2001. I came to Mongolia from Japan so I booked a flight from Fukuoka to Seoul (Korean Air) and the another flight to Ulaan Baatar (MIAT Airlines). The flight was a little expensive (one way ticket 70,000 yen) but that is mostly because Mongolia doesn`t have a large number of people travelling to it. I stayed with a local family who were my hosts for the entire month. I was their guinea-pig for a homestay but it went so well that I have since recommended it to many travellers to Mongolia for their trips. I managed to see quite a bit of the countryside and cultural sites in Mongolia while I was there. Two things I didn`t see that I would like to see in the future are Nadaam and the Gobi desert. From Mongolia I went to Moscow, Russia on the Trans Siberian Railway. It was a 5 days journey and one of the best travel experiences I have ever had! I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone!

Don`t forget to see my Mongolia page for more information.

• Updated Mar 30, 2004

Comments

kiwigal_1

“If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you already have.”

Have you been to Asia?