"Cahal Pech in San Ignacio..." Belize Hotel Tip by dinagideon

Belize Hotels: 173 reviews and 224 photos

Cahal Pech in San Ignacio (actually the outskirts) near the Cahal Pech ruin. Funny thing about those ruins: we went there as a group REALLY late at night, way after it had closed to the public. You are really not supposed to do that. We went with some booze and a fun attitude, and climbed the highest ruin (small temple compared to many in this area) and started drinking and talking. Well about thirty minutes into our 'expidition', we saw flashlights and assumed the police were there. We were FREAKING out, because we figured we were busted and a whole bunch of American and Canadian parents would have to be called from a Belizean jail. The persons on the other side of the flashlight said, 'hey what are you kids doing up there?' Oh my goodness, my heart nearly stopped. Haha. The joke was on us. It was our Professor from Trent University fooling around. He joined us for a beer. By the way, I do not recommend doing this. :)
Oh, the Cahal Pech Hotel is beautiful. We each got our own cabana overlooking San Ignacio. The sunsets were out of this world. The food they serve for breakfast is good, too, traditional Mayan...very egg oriented. Mmm. No pool that I recall. Problems? Right near a disco/bar that stays open late. Also, the showers were lukewarm at best!!
Hmm, real good, but I can't remember exactly!

Address: See the website:

Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Theme: Hotel