"1.ABSOLUTELY NO BABY..." Prague Warnings Or Dangers Tip by JonsMum
Prague Warnings and Dangers: 458 reviews and 203 photos
1.ABSOLUTELY NO BABY FACILITIES AT ALL....at least in 98% of the places......if you want your baby changed be prepared to do it right in the middle of Prague city....there are no changing facilities whatsover...there are NO Baby highchairs in any of the restaurants that we visited in the 7 days that we were there...it was a great big hassle...and each time we asked we were givne a look of puzzlement 'CHAIR FOR BABY'?.....it isnt the greatest country for young children, BUT we still enjoyed our holiday as we had the good sense to take with us a BABY backpack...just hitch the little fella on our backs and off we went.....do not expect anything for young children even in 5 star hotels....they just do not cater for children....
2. Nothing for disabled persons as well...most of the old castles have no access...so it is quite impossible for disabled people to take in the sites....even the public toilets do not have access for the disabled...in the time we were there i only came across ONE public toilet that had a toilet for baby changing and the disabled...this is located on the street across the charles bridge next to the MCdonalds...we hope you can find it :)
3. If you are planning to rent a car and drive it around Prague city..BE PREPARED..whilst it was easy taking it to the outskirts of prague and touring the countrysides...it was a big big hassle driving in the city...because there are various tram lines that run along main roads you can easily find yourself driving suddenly on a tramline and before you know it there are police waiting around the corner to give you a ticket. They will argue that there was a sign ....but be warned it is an IMAGINARY sign, we didnt see one sign telling us that we could not drive on the tramlines......the maximum fine is 1000 CK (25USD)
3. Pickpockets in the METRO. Watch out...the professionals are so good that they can even pick from your money pouches that you tie around yr waist...we encountered a group of abt 4.....theire strategy is to surround you as you enter the metro blocking your way and as you try to push them aside...one person has already unzipped your pouch and passed on your wallet to another culprit.
4. If you are approached by money exchangers on the street (not from the official counters that they have all around the city) PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. we were told by some unsuspecting victims this story : they were approached by a man wanting to exchange, the rate given was a good one and the victims obliged....about 300USD was exchanged to Czech crowns, after a good dinner as the victims paid their bill with the money they had just exchanged... they were told that the money they had was NOT czech crowns but BULGARIAN money which is totally totally worthless...NO BANK will accept this currency..so pleeeeeease check your exchange and DO NOT deal with unlicensed dealers.
5. When you buy something always make sure that the price stated is the last price....they have a way of adding other charges to your bill especially in hotels.
6. Only take room service if you need to...we paid 300 czech crowns for a liter bottle of mineral water, thats about 7 USD!!!!!
More Warnings and Dangers in Prague (1)
More Reviews (7)
JonsMum's Related Pages
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels