"" Brighton Favorite Tip by hayward68

Brighton General: 71 reviews and 68 photos

Fondest memory: In April of 2000 I managed to have a reunion with a friend I hadn't seen in 20 years. Her family had done a year long exchange in my hometown in Canada when I was 11 and we hadn't seen each other since. Finally, after many times of meetings falling through, our opportunity to see each other again was going to happen.
I was in London for a couple of days and was then heading to the west country to spend time with family. Sasha was living in Hove, right next to Brighton, and was also heading west to go to a wedding. We decided that I would take the train to Brighton and meet up with her, then we'd travel west together.

How she recognized me at the train station I will never know, but she did and our reunion was a wonderful one. We had time to wander along the seafront, stop for coffee and beer (a couple of times) and explore the streets of Brighton before catching our train westwards.
It was a glorious, sunny spring day and it really made for a great time. I don't have any pics of Brighton from that day because I captured it all on videotape. But here's a pic from later that day of the two of us.

• Updated Aug 25, 2002

Comments

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Have you been to Brighton?