Owens Seafood Restaurant: "Owens Seafood Restaurant" Top 5 Page for this destination Nags Head Restaurant Tip by b1bob

Nags Head Restaurants: 20 reviews and 13 photos

Owen's Seafood Restaurant

Owen's Seafood Restaurant
    by b1bob
      seafood Norfolk (now seafood Outer Banks)
    by b1bob

What I remember most about my first 3 visits to Nags Head (1975-1977) was the friendly staff, great service, and generous appetisers at Owens Restaurant. We always had a crock of smooth cheddar cheese with plenty of captain's wafers and melba toast. My only fault with Owens is after the parents passed it on to their children, they made it more upmarket, which upped the prices and altered the atmosphere. I noticed this as early as 1981. It just wasn't the same in terms of food, service, or atmosphere. I would like to give it a good rating for old times' sake, but it is trending the opposite direction. Therefore, I can't give it any kind of rating.

Favorite Dish: Seafood Norfolk now called Seafood Outer Banks (consisted of crab and lobster meat sauteed in butter in a cast iron skillet). I enjoyed this as young as 6 years old in adult-sized portions. I never will forget the look on the waitress' face when she came back and found I had eaten the whole thing with room for dessert.

Address: 7114 S. Virginia Dare Trail, Nags Head, NC 27959
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: On the Beach Road, Milepost 16 opposite the oceanfront.
Phone: (252) 441-7309
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 0
Theme: Seafood

• Updated Aug 17, 2006

Comments

b1bob

Have you been to Nags Head?