Los Pollos: "Los Pollos" Buenos Aires Restaurant Tip by b1bob

Buenos Aires Restaurants: 737 reviews and 763 photos

Los Pollos
by b1bob

The game plan for the afternoon was to take lunch at some restaurant with Alex's daddy (his parents are divorced). I was all for the idea except I was hoping he wouldn't pick one of those snooty restaurants with the same kind of waiters where they cook their tomatoes but don't cook their green beans. I thought that given the uniformity with which the shops open and close there, finding a restaurant open on Christmas Day is like trying to find virgins in a maternity ward. Alex, Mariano, Laura, and I piled into the car with his daddy. There was nothing in the city of Buenos Aires, so we had to go into the state of Buenos Aires if we wanted to find something open. After about 45 minutes, we found a small cafe in Martinez called Los Pollos (the chickens for those of y'all in Roxboro, NC) near the intersection of the Avenida del Libertador and the Avenida Colón.

Favorite Dish: We all had tossed salad which had lettuce, tomato, corn, boiled eggs, and beets. I had grilled chicken. Since I didn't have anything at breakfast, I could have had it feathers and all.

Address: On the corner of Avda. Colón and Libertador
Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Updated Jun 14, 2003

Have you been to Buenos Aires?