"My last night in Buenos Aires" Personal experiences & helpfull hints Tip by b1bob

l-r: Diego, b1bob, Alex
by b1bob

Fondest memory: Before long, the life of the party was in the same condition as the piñata. So, we all piled into Diego's car to go to his flat. Diego made us all feel welcome by making us some coffee. Alex brought tapes of himself, Diego, and Majo in a play they recently did. The 4 of us sat on a long leather sofa and watched the 30-minute performance. I couldn't understand much of the dialogue, but at that time of morning without any sleep, I doubt I would have understood it if it were in Oxford (North Carolina) English. All I knew was that I was among 3 good friends. According to Alex, Diego is one of the most generous folks he knows. I believe it. I was no longer worried about making my bus to the airport, in fact, I was even less willing than before for this part of the excellent adventure to end. At 4.15, we left Diego's flat to stop by Alex's to pick up my black carry-on bag. I checked for my tickets, passport, and journal and we stowed it in Diego's car for the short trip to the bus stop. We got there well before the appointed time. I took pictures of the rest of the lot and had Majo take a picture of Diego, Alex, and me together.

At 5.02, the bus left the station for Buenos Aires International Airport. It was a long, lonely ride. I checked in with no problems at all. I am impressed by how easygoing security is in Buenos Aires.

• Updated Mar 8, 2003

Have you been to Buenos Aires?