Manila Manila!: "Manila Manila!" Top 5 Page for this destination Manila Manila! Tip by b1bob

Manila Manila!, Richmond: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Manila Manila
by b1bob

Manila Manila has good and plentiful food for the price and atmosphere becoming of the menu. The last time I was here in mid-February, 2005, they gave my friend and me a kind of clear Filipino noodle soup called sohtang ton (my Filipino friends can correct me if I spelled this wrong). I don't know what it is about some restaurants and insisting on lighting candles at every table. Lee and I are just good friends looking for good food. Because they were short-handed and had a big group to tend to, our food was a little late coming, but it was good.

Favorite Dish: I like to get pancit (rice noodles with any sort of meat, and vegetables like that pictured), and lumpia (Filipino egg roll). According to Filipino legend, if you eat pancit on your birthday, you live a long life. I guess that's right because I ate that here on my 32d birthday and I'm still around. Lee had some shrimp and beef kabobs Filipino style.

Address: 9047-1 West Broad St., Richmond, VA
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 5
Theme: Other

• Updated Jun 19, 2006

b1bob Visits Here Frequently!

Have you been to Richmond?