360 Truck Stop: "One of the best restaurants" Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Restaurant Tip by b1bob

Virginia Restaurants: 85 reviews and 165 photos

360 Truck Stop: so simple it needs no name

360 Truck Stop: so simple it needs no name
    by b1bob
      chicken tenders and lots of fries
    by b1bob
      ham steak, fries, and pinto beans
      world's smallest non-smoking section
    by b1bob

Some food snobs on here might think I'm dotty bonkers for picking this restaurant as the best. This restaurant is proof that good food doesn't have to be expensive or be covered with a lot of sauce. 360 Truck Stop is a nice truck stop as you go down Route 360. Our waitress was very attentive and, oddly, from upstate New York. I guess it made a statement by having the world's smallest non-smoking section. I have been eating here off and on since I was real young when I would go back and forth regularly between the Richmond area and Virgilina or South Boston, Virginia. The plan almost always had us leaving the Friday night and eating here on the way. Country music always played on the juke box to add to the truck stop atmosphere. Sadly, the juke box is no longer there, but the food is just as good as I remembered it. In May, 2006, I had the great honour of taking my friend Lee gipper84 here. I was concerned the simple aesthetics would put him off, but he only cares about the taste of the food. He was quite impressed, actually and he had a long talk with our waitress. She was the same one who served Daddy and me the year before and she actually remembered me! As always, the service was lightning quick. The food was great, but this time, they had run out of most side dishes. Open 24 hours.

Favorite Dish: The last time I stopped there, I had chicken tenders with a double order of fries (I had wanted some pinto beans, but that was one of the usual side dishes they lacked). Lee was probably thankful that, on that occasion, they were out of beans because we had another hour and a half in the big, red truck to Virgilina. I have had the Virginia ham steak with pineapple on it, fries, and pinto beans. Given the choice between cornbread and rolls, I chose the latter which bumfuzzled (astonished) the waitress, who must have thought by my so-called accent that I'd order the cornbread. Everything was great. The ham steak was bigger than I could eat that evening. The fries and pinto beans were very good. I have had the hamburgers, the rib-eye steak, and liver and onions before. All are good. You can't go wrong with anything on their menu.

Address: 11201 Patrick Henry Hwy., Amelia, VA 23002
Price Comparison: about average
Phone: (804) 561-4719
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: Local

• Updated Jun 17, 2006

Comments

b1bob Lives Here!

b1bob

Have you been to Virginia?