"This is a tourist trap, but..." Italy Tourist Trap Tip by jessicadf
Italy Tourist Traps: 99 reviews and 63 photos
This is a tourist trap, but it's somewhere you MUST go if you go to Italy. That place is, of course, Venice. I've been there twice. The first time it was the best part of the trip. The second, the worst.
It is *always* crowded, the locals are *always* sick of the tourists... two major tips for you, and you're okay:
1) Make reservations in advance. Don't expect to show up and find a place (as you can in most towns, most of the time). If you don't make reservations, you're likely to spend a great deal of time looking for a place to stay, and you'll spend an arm and a leg for sub-standard accomodations.
2) Spend only two to three days there.
Okay, 3 tips.
3) Walk and walk and walk. Dare yourself to get lost, and don't make yourself be anywhere at a specific time. If you wander through the walkways, away from the center of town, you can find some wonderful statues and out of the way, picturesque places.
More Reviews (14)
- Maybe it's different now...
- A villa on a drive through the country
- See All Positano - San Rafael by the Sea
- Tiny cars... is it a toy?
jessicadf's Related Pages
Have you been to Italy?Share Your Travels