"Well, I wouldn't want to walk..." Egypt Transportation Tip by Lloydi

Egypt Transportation: 358 reviews and 302 photos

Well, I wouldn't want to walk it. I flew with EgyptAir and it was OK. However, this was my first flight ever, and with hindsight I can see now that the plane was a bit shabby, and people were allowed to smoke on board. Still, if you are on a budget I would say that they're OK, but that's about all.
<P>
I cannot recommend Gulf Air highly enough, though - I flew with Gulf to Australia, and they were fantastic, and I am sure that they operate routes into Egypt. A bit more expensive (I imagine), but excellent service.
<BR>
Try the caleshes (horse-drawn carriages) - they're great fun.
<P>
Be aware what the going rate of taxis (which are almost all Peugots, like the one pictured above) is and don't let anyone rip you off - it's good to find out the going rate from a tour rep (if you have the luxury) before heading off somewhere, and agreeing the price with the driver before piling in.
<P>
PS - don't be scared if the taxi driver keeps the headlights off. It's rude to other drivers, you see. They only switch them on when approaching junctions to let other drivers know that they are there.
<BR>

Mode: TO,AROUND
Type: Airplane

• Written Aug 25, 2002

Comments

Lloydi

“My motto: to come up with a witty motto. Damn, screwed up again”

Ranked Member