De Oude Raadskelder: "De Oude Raadskelder" Top 5 Page for this destination Netherlands Restaurant Tip by sim1

Netherlands Restaurants: 172 reviews and 159 photos

Restaurant "De Oude Raadskelder" in Oldenzaal
by sim1

There are so many good restaurants in The Netherlands. I think you can eat in all sorts of restaurant, Chinese, Italian, French... hmmm, I better stop writing them down, because there are so many! It is probably hard to think of one that you can't find here somewhere.

As there are so many, it is hard to choose one, so I decided to stay close to home. Here are two of my favourite restaurants in my hometown :

Restaurant "De Oude Raadskelder" is my favourite restaurant in Oldenzaal! The atmosphere and the service in this restaurant is fabulous and the food is absolutely delicious. It is not a cheap restaurant but it is really worth the money!

You do have to take your time though when you go dining here; it is a real evening out. At the start of every meal you get french bread with butter and tapenade on the house. All the dishes are perfect from the starters to the wonderful desserts!
You can have a special wine arrangement. You will be served with a different wine with every dish, so you have different wines during the evening that all match perfectly to the dish you are eating.

The restaurant is in the middle of our town. You can find it on your lefthandside when you walk through the little street from the marketsquare to the basilica. The location of the restaurant is quite remarkable : it is the old city jail. But don't worry about that too much.... I have never been locked up, the always let me go after I have paid the bill :-)

The restaurant is very popular so I would advice to make reservations well in advance.

Address: Kerkstraat 18, Oldenzaal
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Phone: 0541 - 532553
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: French

• Updated Jan 25, 2005

Comments

sim1 Used To Live Here!

sim1

“Forever smiling :-)”

Have you been to Netherlands?