"Singapore Art Museum" Singapore Things to Do Tip by Sharrie
Singapore Things to Do: 1,995 reviews and 3,531 photos
A 1-hr visit to the SINGAPORE ART MUSEUM which features paintings & sculptures drawn from the museum's 5500 permanent collection.
Housed in the 19th-century mission school - former St. Joseph Institution.
Admission: S$ 3 adults, S$ 1.50 children (6 - 16 years) and seniors. S$8 Family ticket (max 5 members). Free admission on late nights every Friday 6pm to 9pm.
Fabulous Faberge from The Forbes Magazine Collection, New York (Sep. 25 - Nov. 25, 2001). Four of the famed Romanov Imperial Easter Eggs commissioned by Alexandra III for the Tsarina in 1885 are being exhibited along with 58 objets d'art.
The 4 Imperial Easter Eggs exhibited are:
1) First Egg - Commissioned by Alexander III.
2) Rosebud Egg - Commissioned by Nicholas II for Tsarina Alexandra Feodorovna, it commemorated the Imperial Couple's first year of marriage. Translucent red with vertical rows of diamonds, the egg opens to reveal a removable rosebud enamelled yellow. A very beautiful piece!
3) Fifteenth Anniversary Egg - Presented by Nicholas II to Alexandra Feodorovna in 1911 to celebrate the 15th Anniversary of the couple's accesion to the throne.
4) Cross of St. George Egg - Commissioned by Nicholas II for the Dowager Empress Maria Feodorovna in 1916. Commemorated the presentation of the Order of St. George to Nicholas II & Tsarevich Alexis in 1915 for military bravery in WWI.
Directions: 71 Bras Basah Road. 5 mins walk from City Hall MRT Station.
othercontact: Fax: 6334 7919 .
Phone: 6332 3222.
More Reviews (48)
- See All Elegance lifestyle
- See All Japanese Cuisine
- See All Pomelo
- See All Sentosa Island
Sharrie's Related Pages
Have you been to Singapore?Share Your Travels