U Fleku: "U Fleku" U Fleku Tip by kenbac

U Fleku, Prague: 37 reviews and 45 photos

U Fleku
by kenbac

This is a very old Beer Hall with a mixed reputation.
It has a dark beer, which has been brewed here 1499 and is great stuff.
That's the good reputation.
It is a bit touristy and could probably be called a Tourist Trap, having said that the place is worth a visit.
The first time I was hurriedly shown into a dull room and offered service. I ordered a beer but found there was a nice courtyard and it was a sunny summer day, so I indicated I would sit there. Must have caused a problem because the waiter didn't bring me my beer.
I have no problem with different cultures, even if that includes sulky service, but I wasn't having bad service which it what I was getting.
Made issue with what think was a supervisor and got my beer.
I always give a place a fair chance and returned to U Fleku on my second visit to Prague.
This time we went in the evening and had our dinner as well as the beer. The meal was ok but just not quite up to what we were getting in general. And the price for the food was a quite a bit more expensive than in general, about Euro 12 per person for starter, main course and two beers. The beer was also expensive for Prague at Euro 1.60 but was very good.
There was a lack of atmosphere until suddenly about 300 Italian girls arrived. They were out for a good evening and certainly brought the place to life and we all had a smashing time.
There is a web site and it includes the menu

Favorite Dish: Goulash " U Fleků", 1/2 bacon dumplings, 1/2 bread dumplings

Address: Kremencova 11.
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Just a short distance from Narodni trida.
Phone: +420 224 934 019
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 2
Website: http://www.ufleku.cz

• Updated Sep 28, 2003

Comments

kenbac

“"Enjoy being here today, because you won't be here tomorrow"”

Have you been to Prague?