"Do some Skiing!--This picture..." Colorado Favorite Tip by donovanel

Colorado General: 126 reviews and 97 photos

Favorite thing: Do some Skiing!--This picture was taken on Copper Mountain Resort

Fondest memory: I will always remember my ski trip to Colorado, because it was my first-ever trip to do DOWN HILL skiing--I had grown up going cross-country skiing with my parents.

Let me just tell you about my first experience with that ski lift...there were 4 of us getting ready to sit down, and my boyfriend at the time, freaked out, grabbed my arm and basically knocked me down so he could sit down (it was his first time too obviously). So anyhow, everyone but me sits on the lift, and I am scrambling to get up. These lifts DO NOT STOP! So my friends grab me under the arms and the lift continues--at this point I am laughing hysterically and my friends are HOLDING me as we are about 10 feet off the ground!! Well the lift operator obviously becomes aware of the situation and the possible disaster waiting to happen and stops the lift. To the resounding sounds of groans, he comes over and boosts me up to the lift so I can finally sit down--I don't think I have ever laughed so hard...at least up to then!

• Written Aug 25, 2002

Comments

donovanel

“IF YOU DIDN`T KNOW ME, WOULD YOU THINK I WAS A STRANGER?”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Colorado?