VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"'Orient', this is a Chinese..." Westersingel area Tip by Wenasje

Westersingel area, Rotterdam: 5 reviews and 3 photos

'Orient', this is a Chinese restaurant that specializes in the Cantonese kitchen and Dim Sum. For those of you not familiar with the concept: Dim Sum is general name for an assortment of small Chinese (or should I say Cantonese?) snacks. This can include fried or steamed dumplings, egg-rolls and the likes.
Anyway: it's yummie!!!
This is one of those Chinese restaurants which are not customized to the Dutch taste. What I use as a criterium when going to Chinese resaurants: I only go in if I see Chinese people eating there and not only Dutch. 'Orient' is a place where complete Chinese families enjoy meals.

Also, you can enjoy good food for a very small price too! I usually don't spend more than EURO 10,- for complete Dim Sum meal. I am stuffed after that! I recently went there for a light lunch and with the 4 of us we spenta total of EURO 20,- incl. drinks...

Favorite Dish: The Dim Sum of course! I like everything with shrimps in it and I prefer the steamed variations. Tasty + healthy!

Address: Westersingel
Directions: On the corner of Kruiskade and Westersingel.
Walking distance from Rotterdam Central (train) Station.

othercontact: This might not sound that correc
Rating: 0
Theme: Other

• Written Aug 25, 2002

Comments

Wenasje

“I'm not curious.....I just like to know everything!”

Ranked Member

Have you been to Rotterdam?