"The most important activity..." Wisconsin Favorite Tip by Zsuzsi21

Wisconsin General: 43 reviews and 26 photos

Favorite thing: The most important activity for me would have to be in Somerset, Wisconsin. Not far off from the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin. There is quite a few things to do there. This is a place where they also have alot of big concerts like Ozzfest. One of the best things is to go tubing on the Apple River. They have campsites. This is a great area to take a big group of people and just party.

Fondest memory: The best memories would have to be all the summers that lots of my relatives would go to Apple River and do some tubing. Everyone would bring out their own food that they would want to grill. We would take a couple times down the short part of the river and go down the rapids. Then we would take the one that is about over 2 hours long. The one thing that everyone would have to watch out is to not take things that are valuable. It is easy to lose it. My aunts would usually take goggles and go through the water. They would always find things. One time, even found quite a bit of money. The thing I remember the most is just this place being where most of my relatives would actually be together...and have fun with no arguements. I loved going there every year.

• Written Aug 25, 2002

Comments

Ranked Member

Have you been to Wisconsin?