"Universal Studios - Tour" Universal Studios Tip by TravellerMel

K.I.T.T from Knight Rider
      Norman Bates
      Plane crash from War of the Worlds
    by TravellerMel

I've been called a "movie freak", but I married a "freaking movie freak", so I knew during our trip to California, I HAD to take him to Universal Studios to see "where the magic happens". The first thing we did was take the studio tour, which loads you onto a tram and takes you into the back lot. This is way cool - they were filming the day we were there (it is a working studio) so the enclosed "sets" were off limits, but the main back lot was all ours. The tour has a video accompaniment to the tour guide, which is awesome! Our guide would tell us what we were looking at (see my second photo, which is "Courthouse Square") then the video would show clips of the movie/TV show where we have seen it (the Square was in all the Back to the Future movies).

There are also several movie-related attractions on the studio tour, including King Kong 360 3-D (breathtakingly awesome - it was super immersive and felt so REAL); the plane crash site from War of the Worlds; and a drive through the Jurassic Park set (crashed cars, dino bones, and even a dinosaur!). There are also the "old favorites" which I remember from previous trips to Universal - the Bates Motel from Psycho (we were greeted by Norman Bates!); Jaws (sinking boats and shark attacks!); and the flash flood (video to be uploaded shortly).

I LOVED this tour, as did my husband - it was a great start to our day at Universal Studios.

Address: 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, CA 91608
Phone: 1-800-UNIVERSAL
Website: http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com

• Written Oct 19, 2013

Comments

TravellerMel

“Not all who wander are lost...”

Have you been to Los Angeles?