"Supershuttle" Shuttles Tip by leics

Look for the Supershuttle sign
      Opposite these doors......
      Wait here....
    by leics

I decided to book a shuttle transfer from SFO to my hotel because I was arriving in the evening. Although walk-ups are on offer I chose to book online in advance and decided to go with a company whose name I already knew from other trips rather than with a local firm.

My inbound fight was delayed, but there was no problem. When I eventually found the shuttle stop (not terribly well-signed within the airport terminals) I simply gave my booking number to the attendant (present from 0800 to 0000) and my minibus arrived within 10 minutes or so. Shuttles are not allowed to wait on the airport itself so there's always a gap between you arriving and your shuttle turning up.

The shuttle stop is outside T1, on the upper level.

As it turned out I was the only passenger, so I got a ride from the airport to my hotel for 17USD. I wouldn't have minded sharing the ride and waiting whilst others were dropped at other SF hotels: it's a good way to see a bit of a city and get one's bearings.

I was pleased with the efficiency of the service (given my late arrival), the fare and the courtesy of the driver (who has to be tipped, of course, as is usual in the US).

I can recommend Supershuttle as a reliable and safe way to get from SFO to your hotel.

Mode: TO
Phone: 1-800-435-9736
Type: Other
Website: http://www.supershuttle.com

• Written Aug 14, 2013

Comments

leics

“'Take clothes you can layer....' :-)”

Have you been to San Francisco?