"Saint Peter and Saint Paul's..." St Petrus & Paulus Church Tip by funkymama
St Petrus & Paulus Church, Oostende: 22 reviews and 43 photos
Saint Peter and Saint Paul's church.
When visitors arrive in Oostende from the railway station their attention is immediately captured by the twin towers of the Saint Peter and Saint Paul's church. This neo-gothic church, built in 1904-1905, was designed by architect Delacenserie.The use of sandstone sets it apart from other churches in the Province of West-Flanders that are mostly entirely built with bricks. Inside the church is the mausoleum for Belgium's first queen Louise-Marie who died in Oostende in 1850. The stained-glass windows show the portraits of different Belgian Kings. Next to the church is an older tower (the 'Peperbusse') a remainder of the former church from the 18th century that stood here before it was destroyed by fire in 1896.The first stone of the tower itself was laid on July the 20th 1478. The tower now houses a small museum.
Address: Petrus en Paulusplein.
More Things to Do in Oostende (24)
More Reviews (69)
- See All Late fine dining.
- See All The Ostend surfclub.
- See All Camping De Kalkaert.
- See All FUNKAFEE,De Buroo.
- The Ostend historical...
- Packing List
- Sorry,we don't have any...
- See All By car of on foot,nothing is...
- See All Having fun with VT friends.
- See All Be careful with your car,don't...
- See All Stene at the edge of Ostend,...
funkymama's Related Pages
Have you been to Oostende?Share Your Travels