"Just off the main road are..." Fish Market Tip by funkymama
Fish Market, Oostende: 6 reviews and 5 photos
Favorite thing: Just off the main road are numerous fish stands where the hungry visitor can find every possible fish preparation (mussels, crab meat, young herring -'maatjesharing' - and others) to eat while continuing his stroll alongside the quay until the beach. Almost halfway to the beach is a smaller fish market - the 'Vistrap'- where larger specimen can be bought (mainly sole, plaice, shrimps).
Some typical Belgian fish dishes are: 'Sole à l'Ostendaise' (sole with a white wine sauce and shrimps), 'Tomate Crevette' (a tomato filled with shrimps), 'Paling in 't groen' (eel in green sauce prepared with parsil, spinach and other green herbs).
More Reviews (75)
- See All Late fine dining.
- See All The Ostend surfclub.
- See All The open-air museum Atlantic Wall.
- See All Camping De Kalkaert.
- See All FUNKAFEE,De Buroo.
- The Ostend historical...
- Packing List
- Sorry,we don't have any...
- See All By car of on foot,nothing is...
- See All Be careful with your car,don't...
- See All Stene at the edge of Ostend,...
funkymama's Related Pages
Have you been to Oostende?Share Your Travels