"South Sudan visa" Top 5 Page for this destination Juba Favorite Tip by thelittlevoice

Juba Favorites: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Along the way from the Nimule to Juba
by thelittlevoice

Favorite thing: As of April, 2013

My friend and I applied for a SS visa at the embassy in Kampala. The process now takes 3 days, costs $100. But you can pay $25 extra to get it done the same day. I applied at 9am and were told to pick it up at 3pm. I took Baby coach bus leaving Kampala at 8.30pm and arrived in Juba at 4pm. The ticket was 70,000. We arrived at the border around 7am. Getting an exit stamp from Uganda was quick and easy. When we got to South Sudan side, we were told to get into a room to get a visa with people of other nationalities besides SS. I then showed an official there that I already had a visa so he took my passport, stamped it and let me in. It probably took like 2 minutes. But I had to wait til almost noon for others to get their visas. I'm not sure if you can get a visa at the border or not but everyone except us did get it there and it costs only 200 SS Pounds so it's a lot cheaper than getting it done at the embassy.

• Written May 16, 2013

thelittlevoice

“Be like a postage stamp. Stick to one thing until you get there.”

Have you been to Juba?