VALLEY VIEW GUEST HOUSE: "PRETTY PINK" South Africa Hotel Tip by DAO

by DAO

VALLEY VIEW GUEST HOUSE
    by DAO
  • - South Africa

I found Valley View Guest House on the internet and it looked nice. I needed accommodation near Sun City without silly prices. When I arrived I was greeted warmly by the owner, Michele Colavita, who was born in Italy. I was checked in and shown a good sized room. I then had a good look around. The compound is very secure and the car parking free. I went immediately for a dip in the pool just outside the dining room. A few cold beers and sitting reading my book in the sunshine and I was as relaxed as I could be. I had dinner here. A large T-bone steak and some Italian red wine of course.
My room had comfortable beds and a reasonable bathroom. The one thing is that a lot of the hotel, and my room, were painted pink. Different, but it all worked. My room and the whole hotel were absolutely silent at night. This is a good place to stay. It won’t win any awards but it does the job. And Mr, Colavita is a real character and will make sure you keep smiling.

Unique Qualities:

• Quiet, secure and comfortable
• Swimming pool and sun loungers
• Good restaurant and bar
• Close proximity to Sun City and the Pilanesberg Nation Park
• Very helpful staff
• Free secure car parking
• All rooms are en-suite
• Air conditioning is available in most rooms others are equipped with ceiling fans
• Breakfast is included (Full English or continental)
• On site laundry services, gym, a conference center and a spa

Address: 743 Kwena Drive, Pilanesberg, North West Province, South Africa
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: 12 km (7 miles) from Sun City

Website: http://www.valleyviewguesthouse.co.za/

• Updated Aug 24, 2014

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2014 at 11:54 PM

Hi, it was a good place. Just realised I never wrote the tip! Its a cut and paste that I need to edit! Will update !

• Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2014 at 10:25 PM

The combination of T-Bone Steak and Rice ...looks like East meet West , The breakfast definitely English delicious . Chinggis K

DAO Used To Live Here!

DAO

“As seen on VT !”

Have you been to South Africa?