Iztian hostel: "Hostel" Isla de Ometepe Hotel Tip by rosequartzlover1

Room with the view

Room with the view
      Hostel front.
    by rosequartzlover1
      Beach in front of hostel
    by rosequartzlover1

A guide at San Jorge port who showed himself as a professional guide offer a tour guide price (for Volcan Maderas trekking)which can be accectible for us..20 $ per person.And he offer a hotel in his connection that if we use his guide service ,we can pay for Istian hostel for 3 $ per person,so we agreed with that offer because I already plan to stay in Istain hostel for the first night anyway,so ...perfect.
When I arrived hostel,they wanted to charged me 6$ per person!.I told them about the agreement from the port,they hesitate a little bit but finally ok.A couple from the bus who follow us from the port has no idea yet where to sleep that night,so I asked them to stayed there and help them to get the same price.
In front of lobby is restaurant area.The moment we arriveed ,the staff were quite busy as they had to serve food and drink to other guests at the same time checking in for new guests.
I asked them to see the room first ,they showed us all,the rooms are upstair with shared bath.They provide a portable fan in all rooms but check well if it works properly cuz the one I got was broken,so staff just told us get a good one from some other room cuz many rooms are still free.
Second foor the front part is small corridor resting area with a hammock and chairs and table ,overlooking to the lake.But the view of lake is little obstructed by the trees.The hostel room itself are very small ,with wooden floor so it's noisy when people walking with their trekking shoes.The room is not totally sealed so mosquito can flying in and out freely.So ..we'd better use an effective cream to prevent the mosquito bite.

Comparison: less expensive than average
Price: N/A
Theme: Hostel

• Updated Jun 27, 2012

Comments

rosequartzlover1

“travel everywhere”

Have you been to Isla de Ometepe?