"Classical music at Palais-Royal." Top 5 Page for this destination La Musique Tip by pfsmalo

La Musique, Paris: 22 reviews and 30 photos

by pfsmalo

One happy spectator.
    by pfsmalo

Walking around one Saturday afternoon I came across this group of classical musicians in front of the Palais-Royal gardens. I'm not a classical music lover at all so I have no idea at all what they were playing. But the enthusiasm and the energy they were putting into was something I could understand, so I left a small note and went on my way, happy with the pleasure they'd given me.

• Written May 20, 2012

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2013 at 9:13 AM

We ran into a full orchestra playing in the Place du Palais Royal last September. It was so nice we sat down at the nearby cafe, ordered and enjoyed the concert. The orchestra left, we continued talking and soon another orchestra came and they started to play . . . all in setting of the quirky Palais Royal Metro entrance. It was great fun. Nice tip!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
      Dec 29, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Yes, I've also heard some classical music at the same spot. Unfortunately it soon started to rain, so the musicians had to pack up their instruments and take cover under a nearby roof.

• pfsmalo's Profile Photo
      Dec 29, 2013 at 9:52 AM

That is a shame Don. I'm not really a classical music person but I do so enjoy watching these musicians really enjoying themselves, and at the same time giving pleasure to others.

pfsmalo

“"I've spent all me money on whisky and beer!!" ”

Have you been to Paris?