SCUM !: "HOTEL PALOMA "PATAASE RESTAURANT"" Ghana Restaurant Tip by DAO

Ghana Restaurants: 67 reviews and 107 photos

CRAP !
by DAO

It is not just the staff who are scum. The food is s.hit as well. The ''The Pataase” is a nice looking restaurant owned by a hotel chain I will never use now. It has a nice outside, covered dinning area that should be ideal for a romantic meal or just a few beers. Service was slow and ignorant. Having said that, if you are systematically ripping off customers- who gives a damn really? I ordered some sort of kebab starter and was presented - after asking if they had forgotten my food - with some diseased chicken chunks so deep fried that I almost broke a tooth. It was so hard I could not break off a small piece to feed one of the cats (pictured). I then ordered a dish, well tried to. Palava sauce with goat and yam. When I asked how the yam was prepared, I was hissed at by the waitress. Nice. It was ok. Not sure if the advertised meat was in it, but ok.

So then the bill after chasing staff for everything. And it didn't add up. Too much actually.

My bill had a large charge for carrot juice. I mean some very expensive carrot juice! I kept thinking this was a deliberate overcharge. Then I looked at my guidebook and it mentioned 'odd items appearing on the bill'. You think service is slow and bizarre here? Ask them to take the carrot juice off!

So if you want over-price, bad food, injure your dental work, have staff steal your money - and - talk to you like a jackass..... eat here.

Favorite Dish:
Nothing.

Comparison: more expensive than average
othercontact: info@palomahotel.com
Phone: (+233)(302) 22 87 00
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 1
Theme: Eclectic/International
Website: http://www.palomahotel.com/

• Updated Oct 8, 2012

Comments

DAO

“I'll do the stupid thing first and then you shy people follow . Frank Zappa”

Have you been to Ghana?