Meson de las Flores: "We enjoyed our tapas very much" Córdoba Restaurant Tip by Gypsystravels

Córdoba Restaurants: 60 reviews and 75 photos

Enjoying my beer

Enjoying my beer
      Croquetas
      Gambas alioli
    by Gypsystravels
      Lomo de cerdo in a sauce with fries
      Batatas bravas
    by Gypsystravels

We were hungry and decided it was time to stop and get a bite to eat. We walked around the Juderia looking at the many restaurants and menus posted and after checking prices and atmosphere, we decided on this place.

An excellent little place tucked away in an alley in the Juderia near the calle de las Flores, we were happy we decided to grab our meal here. There is nothing fancy or special, but the food and service were quite good.

The restaurant is small with the typical type of counter service you find throughout Spain. Many of the tapas are behind a glass casing and you can pick from there, or have a seat and order from the menu. The menu had a varied selection with the usual items you find like batatas brava, gambas alioli, croquetas, etc.

We walked in and grabbed a cozy table as the waiter walked over and handed us each a menu. We ordered a few beers and perused the menu. I wanted to order one of everything as I was quite hungry and everything on the menu sounded so delicious. The prices were very reasonable.

We definitely enjoyed our choices and the service was excellent. I promised myself that next time I visit Cordoba I'll make sure to come here for another meal.

Favorite Dish: We ordered the gambas alioli, croquetas de jamon y croquetas de queso, batatas brava and a lomo de cerdo with aioli and fries. Every one of our selections was excellent and the prices were very good. Each tapa ranged from about 2 euro for the batatas and the most expensive the gambas were about 8 euro.

Address: Calle de las Comedias
Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Updated Jan 24, 2013

Comments

Gypsystravels

“If You don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!”

Have you been to Córdoba?