"The annual event for foodies: TASTE OF DUBAI" Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Things to Do Tip by JessH

Dubai Things to Do: 813 reviews and 2,094 photos

Yum! Carluccio's pasta at Taste of Dubai 2012

Yum! Carluccio's pasta at Taste of Dubai 2012
      Chef Aldo Zilli at Taste of Dubai 2012
      Enjoying the day at Taste of Dubai 2012
      My pineapple sorbet at Taste of Dubai 2012
    by JessH

Every year foodies like me look forward to Taste of Dubai, an event that takes place in March over a long weekend inside the Dubai Media City.

The craze about celebrity chefs over recent years has also reached us in Dubai. And I know that many may find the likes of Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson or Guy Fieri annoying, but I'm a fan and I cannot help myself! haha!

This year, the event was visited by:
Aldo Zilli,
Gary Rhodes,
Georgio Locatelli,
Aarti Sequeira,
Vineet Bhatia,
and many more.

The chefs give live cooking demonstrations which you can watch in a small atrium, or you can even get your own apron dirty and join one of the many classes in the Miele kitchen's cookery school.

There are numerous stalls by local restaurants where you can purchase "taster plates", stands by various new products handing-out samples, plenty of fun and games for children, live music and of course: Celebrity Chefs :-)

This is a great event if you enjoy cooking and/or eating and dining-out. There are various tents that are licensed to serve alcohol, and there is even a VIP lounge area. The live band keeps the crowds entertained on a big, grassy open area and it's fantastic for children as well. In the year 2012, over 17,000 people visited the event over the course of 3 days... so you can see: it's popular and it's not just me who enjoys this.

We look forward to Taste of Dubai every year, because it's something very different to do on our Dubai weekends... Enjoy!

--> Check the website for exact annual event dates.

Opening Hours:
approx. 12midday to 11:00pm (varies on each day).

Ticket Prices (year 2012):
Standard Entry: AED 75.- at the door / AED 60.- online.
Children younger than 12: free entry.

Address: Dubai Media City, Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai.
Website: http://www.tasteofdubaifestival.com/

• Written Apr 10, 2012

Comments

JessH Lives Here!

JessH

“I've packed my bags, I'm ready to go... ... ...”

Have you been to Dubai?