"You should rightly expect more" Hotel Sant Angelo Tip by Paisleypaul

First floor is the concessions, Hotel SantA ngelo

First floor is the concessions, Hotel SantA ngelo
      Double room in the concession Hotel Sant Angelo
    by Paisleypaul

Well we know about getting what you pay for and this for Rome, out of season in August, was one of the less expensive options. That said, we always book well in advance and the same rooms were decidedly less budget nearer the time.

2 out of 5 maybe a little harsh then, the cleaners were trying hard and kept the slightly worn fabric very presentable. But problems with the phone not working were just not addressed by a rather offhand main front desk, other issues with the bathroom similarly problematic and I had to repair the hair drier myself!

2 from 5 maybe a little harshbut a pity that the man on recertion thinks he is above being helpful - the self deprecating humour and friendliness of cleaners and the handy man, who conceded "... Nothing in this hotel really works..!.." would serve them better.

If you really need to do cheap then it's not a total disaster - just be sure you get it damn cheap! We won't be staying again as a couple, I could 'slum it' here myself I suppose.........

Unique Qualities: Good location for the seasoned Rome visitor ( our seventh visit in ten years) perhaps a little out of the way for first or second timers still finding their way from Spagna to Colosseo. We liked the location because it was OK for buses at Piaza Cavour, and right on the Tevere for the August nights in Castel Sant Angelo

Address: Via Marianna Dionigi, 16, Vatican area, Rome, Lazio, 00193, Italy
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Prati, behind the Tribunale, between the Tevere and Piazza Cavour
othercontact: info@hotelsa.it
Phone: +39 06 3242000
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.hotelsa.it

• Written Apr 6, 2012

Comments

Paisleypaul Visits Here Frequently!

Paisleypaul

“Avoid anywhere called the Rovers Return”

Have you been to Rome?