"Packing List" Andorra Packing List Tip by ThaiAnn

Andorra What to Pack: 9 reviews and 6 photos

Luggage and bags: Probably the biggest worry is the transportation of those skis! Snowboarders are oh so lucky...

Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: I fount that <a href='http://www.damartonline.co.uk/damart.htm'target=newwindow>Damart</a>'s triple warmth thermal long-sleeve and pants work perfectly fine under my rented pink ski suit. Two-piece ski wear cannot be praised enough...for the luxury comfort of not having to strip the whole suit off for the <i>loo</i>(toilet to non-UK citizens...). Ski Wooly hat, although black ones would look like you have dandruffs when the snows fall on them...Skiing goggles are a <font color=red>MUST</font> cos you'll be snow-blind otherwise..

Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Suntan Lotion
UV-protect lip balm/stick
Enough insurance cover for skiiers...(I bumped into a local guy who overtook me from behind at a steep curb and he was acting like he was dying, I was unscathed and looked at him like a lady...)

Photo Equipment: I guess cameras are mostly for the off-piste activities, so those that you use for low-light activity or night camera would do...Anyone for para-gliding(jumping off a cliff with a parachute on your pack, pulled by some kind of engine) may invest in a camcorder...What about digital cameras? I think for group skiiers, the less jewellery and gadgets the more comfort you'll have, so why not buy a disposable one?? You may be drunk anyway so the photos won't be perfect...

Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: Skiing Boots, skiing suit, skiing hat, woolly scarf, the uttermost warm pair of gloves that fit you like your underwear...because any bit of air left in your palms will be cold! <b>Note</b>: you must be able to move comfortably in them too...
For the ski boots, the ones that fit you will leave some room for your toes to move... Queues for rented gear's quite long and cameras/films/lotion are quite expensive at the skiing resort. But I invested in a pair of skiing gloves and goggles so they may not be <i>that</i> expensive. Try borrowing everything from friends and buy the stuff you can't.

Miscellaneous: Try to stay as close to the ski lifts as possible. A cosy family accommodation with a friendly bar is better than a four-star hotel when one goes skiing I think...especially if the food is good!

Try to include half-board, and as many things as you can include before boarding the plane. On our chartered flight we have to pay extra for our drinks, come'on!

<a href='http://www.skiandorra.ad/angles/angles.htm'target=newwindow>Ski Andorra</a>

PS We skiied at Soldeu and stayed quite far off the lift, plus we had to cross a bridge where you could see a river underneath!! There was a posh hotel very close to the lifts...and a decent, smaller (my kinda accom) ski lodge with a really nice bar opposite. The ski shop is right next to the posh hotel...if I recall correctly...

• Updated Aug 25, 2002

More What to Pack in Andorra (1)

Ranked Member

Have you been to Andorra?