Downtown: "See any show at the Plush, Classy Microsoft" Top 5 Page for this destination Los Angeles Nightlife Tip by marinarena
Los Angeles Nightlife: 226 reviews and 165 photos
Microsoft Theater is the premiere live entertainment venue in downtown (apologies to big mama Staples), which hosts several major concerts and award ceremonies. It debuted in 2007 (formally known as Nokia Center), with a concert by the Eagles. The 8,000 + seat theater is highly commendable for its great acoustics. I was especially impressed by the sharp guest service provided by the staff. Ushers were super professional, friendly and very approachable.
The layout of Microsoft is favorable. There is an orchestra, loge and mezzanine section. All the seats are good, even ones in the very back row and off to the side. Two jumbo projection screens great aid the enjoyment of the viewing experience.
Microsoft is off the 110 Fwy and is reachable by several buses including at MTA 81 and 460 and Dash F
Pico Station(Metro Blue/Expo Light Rail) is just a few blocks away.
Dress Code: None but make sure to bring a coat. It will likely be chilly most evenings.
Address: 777 Chick Hearn Court Los Angeles, CA 90015
Directions: L.A. Live, downtown Los Angeles
Theme: Live Music
More Nightlife in Los Angeles (9)
More Reviews (224)
- See All Have a Clean, Sweet Slice of Tomato Pie
- See All Ride Mega from L.A. to Bay Area or Vegas
- See All Appreciate Architecture of DTLA...
- See All Roll Down Robertson for Lux Fash
- See All Self-Tour Arts District
- See All Discover Culture & Events on the...
- See All Bike a Delicious Meal Off Free Here by...
- See All Get your Talk Radio, Traffic...
- See All Pack Patience in or along busy Fairfax
- See All Don't Get "Lost" in Hawaiian Gardens!...
- See All OK to stay if ... (Inglewood)
- See All Wear Shades and Sunscreen
marinarena's Related Pages
Have you been to Los Angeles?Share Your Travels