Marisqueira o Portuguese Bar and Restaurant: "Don't miss the jerseys and flags!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bantayan Island Restaurant Tip by theguardianangel

Bantayan Island Restaurants: 17 reviews and 41 photos

i just really love the place, only the place

i just really love the place, only the place
      Marisqueira o Portuguese Bar and Restaurant
    by theguardianangel
      see the cigarettes in the roof counter
      colorful walls
      jerseys in the ceiling!
    by theguardianangel

My friends and I wandered outside the resort to find a place to have breakfast.

A lot of bars and restos are found around and because of that we can’t decide where to eat.
Then, I was caught by the design of this restaurant, having a number of jerseys & international flags hanging in the resto’s ceiling. It’s very colorful and unique. The jerseys were signed and messages were written by the customers who had been here.
Also, the restaurant's counter is surrounded with cigarette sticks!

Regarding the food, there’s nothing unusual. The resto serves American, Indian, local and other international cuisines and like the other bars and restos nearby, food prices range from 120-250Php. Brewed coffee costs 55Php, oh yes… I’m mentioning coffee again.

I just want to share about my experience here. Actually, I wasn’t happy about the service of the lady here; I don’t even believe that she’s the owner if she can’t even serve the customers’ requests. I complained about my ordered brewed coffee since I find its taste very different. It’s like the ground coffee was mixed up with the brewed part… which isn’t really good! And you know what, she even didn’t bothered to offer me something in exchange of that! If at least she offered to change my ordered brewed coffee or just a simple apology, any of that would be very fine! But the heck!!! She didn’t bother to talk to me! My god!

Ok now, don’t get carried away by my experience… maybe I just had the wrong timing to dine here. Life is short so I usually let simple things like this to pass by. Honestly, I enjoyed the ambience but not the service.

Anyway, I just really like to have a picture with the jerseys and the flags inside the resto…

Address: Bantayan Island, Cebu, Philippines
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: from Budyong resort, turn left, 2 mins walk
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 3
Theme: Eclectic/International

• Written Feb 11, 2012

Comments

theguardianangel

“Life is all about courage and going to the unknown.”

Have you been to Bantayan Island?