ZORBAS Restaurant -Mikrolimano: "Stunning Views, Excellent Seafood Cuisine!" Top 5 Page for this destination Athens Nightlife Tip by greekcypriot

Athens Nightlife: 244 reviews and 273 photos

Zorbas Seafood Restaurant - Mikrolimano, Piraeus

Zorbas Seafood Restaurant - Mikrolimano, Piraeus
      Starters
    by greekcypriot
      Octopus and Royal calamari, fried squid
    by greekcypriot
      Poached fillet of sea bass
    by greekcypriot
      Chocolate souffle accompanied by ice cream
    by greekcypriot

Highly recommended, -Excellent service, Stunning views, Wonderful cuisine!

Although we were spending the night near Passalimani, we booked dinner at Zorbas which is located at Mikrolimano instead. One reason was that I needed to include night shots from the beautiful coast of Mikrolimano for my Guides so we combined business and leisure.
We used to come to this restaurant years back mostly during the summer months and because we knew it was a lovely restaurant we decided to dine here to check if it still has the good reputation of the past. We were not disappointed at all.

There is a raised platform to the rear of the restaurant and the bar is on the right as you descend a couple of stairs to the main room. Mikrolimano is the Mecca of seafood lover’s paradise in Athens but let’s face it, Greek seafood is a match made in heaven. Of course the secret is to find the best place to eat with relish and trust the restaurant that will not rip you off.

The view was stunning as the restaurant is literally right on the water. You see, there are big glass sliding doors and I am sure with daylight one can easily spot some fish in the waters.
We had a nice table right next to the water, the music was playing soft and was so pleasing to the ears, we ordered a bottle of some fine white wine for the first ‘cheers’ and what we really wanted was to enjoy the Greek hospitality, and relish fresh seafood in this really cozy atmosphere. A few customers were enjoying their dinner but the whole time we were there people kept coming in. Niko Tzafalias the head supervisor and Gregoris were alert all the time serving and trying to meet the demands of the customers.

The lights from Mikrolimano fell into the sea and the scenery was breathtaking. I cannot find words to describe how much we enjoyed our dinner outing and I am glad I chose to come here.

With the arrival of our wine we were brought a variety of bread and rolls along with some olives, butter and olive pasta. The appetizers included 2 types of green salads, one included pesto and smoked salmon. Here the Tzatziki costs (4 euro) and surely don’t miss the Eggplant and Peppers Salad which in Greek is called –melintzanosalata. The eggplant comes right from traditional Greek oven and it is so tasty!! Taramasalata is another dish not to be missed!

We had small portions (like meze) of fried squid or calamari, and marinated octopus in white wine for 13 euro. The Royal Calamari however is another popular dish in this restaurant. It was so delicious that I even asked how it is cooked. It is marinated with pesto on a bed of shredded fried potatoes and it costs 11 euro. Another exceptional dish is the Poached fillet of Sea Bass. This costs 28 euro and it is cooked in virgin olive oil, saffron, sun dried tomato puree. I believe the most demanding customer will love this dish.
The Risotto with Cuttlefish cooked with ouzo and truffle oil for 18 euro surprised us happily and is another interesting dish I recommend. In reality we loved everything.
The very last dish was a grilled farmed fish which we divided in two because we could not take any more but still wanted to try it. Although farmed fish yet so fresh and tasty!! These fish cost 55 euro a kilo so it depends on how many you want to have. I believe it is worth a try, and they are accompanied by boiled veggies.

We finished our dinner with some dessert. We had the Hot Chocolate souffli which is served with ice cream and strawberry syrup for 10 euro, -one of the best I have ever had, and the Poached Pear in red wine which again is accompanied with ice cream and segment of orange in syrup. Both were irresistible and we decided to share!

I believe I owe to let people know that an additional 8% is added on the total of the bill on Sundays, Bank Holidays, Christmas and Easter Holidays. I don’t know why somebody has to pay 8% when coming here on a holiday season, but surely customers should know. It was written in the catalogue. Something else that I read is the fact that in salads and cooked dishes the chef uses virgin Cretan olive oil. Virgin Olive oil adds so much to the quality and of course the taste of the food.

I highly recommend Zorbas Restaurant and I am sure you will feel the Greek hospitality here, the excellent professional service, and enjoy the tranquillity and the stunning view.

Dress Code: Coat and Tie required.

Address: Akti Koumoundourou A 14
Directions: Mikrolimano, Piraeus
Phone: +210 41 11 663 or 42 20 170
Theme: Eating and Drinking
Website: http://www.zorbasrestaurant.gr

• Updated Mar 14, 2013

Comments

greekcypriot Visits Here Frequently!

greekcypriot

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Have you been to Athens?