"Rough Water Swim" Fort Lauderdale Sports & Outdoors Tip by Dabs

Fort Lauderdale Sports & Outdoors: 8 reviews and 11 photos

They are off....

They are off....
    by Dabs
      Congratulations from his high school coach
      ...and swimming
      Almost there
    by Dabs

My husband seems to be able to find a swim race or triathlon no matter where we go, sometimes we plan around it, this time I was debating between two dates for the cruise and he found a swim race in Fort Lauderdale on January 7, 2012. That swim race was cancelled and then he found another swim race so he ended up doing a mile swim, The International Swimming Hall of Fame's Fort Lauderdale Rough Water Swim. He ended up doing it again when we returned in 2013.

The race started at Terramar Street and ended near the International Swimming Hall of Fame. Although it was billed as rough water, the ocean was very calm that morning. Most of the participants were college age or younger and they seemed to be from all over the country, not just Florida.

After the race we met up with David's high school swimming coach, Jon Erikson, who lives in the Fort Lauderdale area. He was the 1st person to do a triple crossing of the English Channel in 1981., pretty amazing!

Theme: Beach Activities
Website: http://www.ishof.org/pdf/rough_water11.pdf

• Updated Jan 14, 2013

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2013 at 7:17 PM

I love this shot :)

• Dabs's Profile Photo
      Jan 22, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Thanks, my husband likes to refer to that group as the old fat man group but I'm impressed that they are all out doing it at all!

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo
      Jan 22, 2013 at 8:39 AM

lol. What I see is fun and energy. It's a good one. Kudos.

Dabs

“Never put off til tomorrow what you can do today”

Have you been to Fort Lauderdale?