"Pueblo etiquette" Top 5 Page for this destination Taos Pueblo Warnings Or Dangers Tip by toonsarah
Taos Pueblo Warnings and Dangers: 4 reviews and 5 photos
Taos Pueblo is not a museum, nor is it a historical recreation – it is a place where people live, it is their home. So remember to treat the people and properties with respect. Don’t enter buildings unless they are marked as shops, or open to the public, and don’t photograph the people without asking their permission.
Visitors are asked to abide by these rules:
1. Please report, and pay the appropriate fee for, each camera you carry into the Pueblo area.
2. Please respect the "restricted area" signs as they protect the privacy of our residents and the sites of our native religious practices.
3. Do not enter doors that are not clearly marked as curio shops. Each home is privately owned and occupied by a family and is not a museum display to be inspected with curiosity.
4. Please do not photograph members of our tribe without first asking permission.
5. Absolutely no photography in San Geronimo Chapel.
6. Do not enter the walls surrounding the ruins of the old church and our cemetery.
7. Do not wade in our river -- our sole source of drinking water.
More Reviews (8)
toonsarah's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Taos Pueblo?Share Your Travels