"Campfires Are Out" Arches National Park Warnings Or Dangers Tip by RoscoeGregg
Arches National Park Warnings and Dangers: 44 reviews and 61 photos
I know that people love campfires. This is just not the place to have one. Let me detail as to why that is true.
1. You are in a world treasure if you damage it well......
2. The wood here is replaced VERY slowly and should be left as is. It is part of the ecosystem and is not here for our entertainment.
3. Should your fire get out of control (aside from the obvious danger to other people) you will be held criminally and financially responsible. This eventuality is more likely than you think. This is the desert and things here burn very easily and quite rapidly.
4. A fire insulates you from experiencing the desert fully. The night sky is invisible when using a fire. Forget the fire and experience the wonder of the desert night sky.
5. If everyone has campfire it will strip the area of vegetation and ruin Arches for other visitors.
So admit that Daniel Boone comes from an earlier time and learn to camp in a minimum impact fashion. You will smell better and enjoy the experience more.
More Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park (2)
More Reviews (5)
RoscoeGregg's Related Pages
Explore the World
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Arches National Park hotel reviews
- Devil's Garden Campground
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013