"Plymouth City Museum And Art Gallery" Top 5 Page for this destination Plymouth Things to Do Tip by johngayton

Plymouth Things to Do: 117 reviews and 208 photos

Gallery Frontage

Gallery Frontage
      Main Entrance
    by johngayton

This really didn't do very much for me as I found it all a bit of a hotch-potch. There's a bit of this and a bit of that but nothing in the diverse permanent exhibitions seemed to gel together and present a holistic picture of Plymouth.

Maybe I was put off by the loud bunches of students who were inhabiting the place at the time of my visit who seemed more interested in sheltering from the rain, talking loudly to each other and answering their mobile phones.

I was impressed though by the historical photograph collection held on the computers which I found easily navigable and intelligently grouped to give a pictorial overview of the city's history. I'm also impressed by the range of free events which the Museum and Gallery present but I haven't had a chance, as yet, to attend any.

It is however a freebie and useful for that rainy day, if you happen to find yourself in the area.

Website below has details of exhibitions, events and opening times.

Address: Drake Circus
Directions: Over the road from the top end of the new Drake shopping mall.
Website: http://www.plymouth.gov.uk/homepage/creativityandculture/museums/museumpcmag.htm

• Written Nov 23, 2011

Comments

johngayton

“The slow lane often gets you there faster”

Have you been to Plymouth?