Stajerc: "Green Beer??" Maribor Restaurant Tip by christine.j

Maribor Restaurants: 47 reviews and 59 photos

It's really green, isn't it?
by christine.j

Already before our trip we were asked if we wanted to go and try green beer in Maribor. Green beer??
We decided to be brave and went to have dinner and green beer in the Stajerc restaurant right in the centre of Maribor.

The beer is really green, bright green, and was very good. I cannot tell you why it is so green, as we were told this is a secret, but I can tell you it is good.

We had dinner there twice, because we liked the food and the atmosphere. The second night we tried their black beer, also very good.

We had a very good vegetable casserole, caesar salad, Slovenian sausages and I had squid both nights, as they specialize in different kinds of preparing squids.Both times it was very good.
We also had a warm bread with various dips as an appetizer, this was so good that we finished it in no time. The waitress told us the Slovenian name, but I'm sorry I don't remember it.

We needed a Slovenian slivovitz - plum brandy - after dinner, but this was because we had eaten so much, not because of the green beer.

Address: Vetrinjska 30, 2000 Maribor
Price Comparison: about average
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Local

• Written Nov 18, 2011

“there's so much to see and learn”

Have you been to Maribor?