Golden Fleece: "Greek Town Fast Food" Top 5 Page for this destination Detroit Restaurant Tip by atufft

Detroit Restaurants: 122 reviews and 99 photos

Golden Fleece, Greek Town, Detroit
by atufft

Detroit has few street vendors, at least during November, but because I was walking my dog, I needed a "to go" order from a decent restaurant. A doorman recommended the Golden Fleece, and I noticed on the receipt that the restaurant was vote #1 for Gyros and shish Kebob every year since 1972.

So, I stopped at the Golden Fleece, opened the front door a crack and asked the waiter to come outside and take my order. The menu is posted in the window, so it was easy order, and very soon the waiter returned with my order in bags.

I ordered a Gyro and a appetizer of Greek caviar w/bread. Then, I struggled to find a bench in the sunlight or other place to gobble down my food. Naturally, the dog got a few scraps of my Gyro, which was otherwise very good. The caviar was disappointing, and the sliced bread useless. Overall, I was too hungry to take a photo of my food like I usually do, being as I was eating on the street in the cold. Detroit needs more wind protected places to eat downtown.

Address: 525 Monroe, Detroit, MI
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Right in the center of Greek Town Detroit
Phone: 3139627093
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 3
Theme: Other

• Written Nov 17, 2011

“California is on the edge of the planet, not the center of the universe”

Have you been to Detroit?