"Don't miss this Wonderful Local...!" Top 5 Page for this destination Local Scenes - Photography Tip by greekcypriot

Local Scenes - Photography, Metsovon: 4 reviews and 15 photos

The local you have to meet ...
by greekcypriot
      The local you have to meet ...
    by greekcypriot
      I have found the wonderful local !
    by greekcypriot

I visited Metsovo in 2009 and I try to find the local that impressed me most that day of my visit.
As I walk towards the centre I try to trace him and I am glad when I see him.
He is still dressed in his traditional costume?how wonderful if all locals wore their traditional costumes more often!!!

He is such colourful character and I remember him so well that I could have sketched his face on paper with every detail if I had talent in sketching.
This time, he is sitting outside his dairy shop with his costume on, watching the people passing by and trying to attract attention and draw customers into his shop.

The Traditional Costume consists of a felt vest, a shirt, a cloth belt, a hat which is called (kalpaki) in Greek, wool woven trousers called (bourazana) and special Greek rustic shoes (tsarouchia.)

Unfortunately not many people wear these traditional costumes lately. Mostly these are worn on holidays or on special days.

When you come to Metsovo I am sure you will come across this wonderful man who although he has the same forbidding countence, the same huge moustache he is a tough guy, very proud of his origin but I can assure that he is just adorable if you start chatting with him.

Address: Metsovo

• Written Nov 17, 2011

greekcypriot Visits Here Frequently!

“Live Everyday Like Your Last”

Have you been to Metsovon?