"The road to Cuckoo Falls" Scottsdale Things to Do Tip by iandsmith

A cautionary signa
      Cuckoo Hill
      End of the road
    by iandsmith

But I had to move on, I?d booked a fishing trip for the next day and had only limited time to do another walk and reach the east coast. I opted for Cuckoo Falls, ?...a few kilometres east of Scottsdale. The right turn from the Tasman Highway is well signposted. Follow the signs to the carpark.? Whoever wrote the last sentence hadn?t been there for some time. There is no sign on the most important intersection which cost me about 10 minutes, and another sign was overgrown with foxglove but somehow I made my lonely way up the 7km dirt road to its end.
?3 hours return on a very well constructed and mostly dry track....uphill but a fairly gentle incline.? I?ve never read such misleading crap.
The sullen sky overhead foretold of rain and the evening was nigh. I started at 4.45 and took a head light in case the times were accurate and the understorey darkened. At the start there were walking sticks and a scratched notice saying, ?you will need these?. I pondered their meaning and assumed the trail was tough.

• Written Nov 17, 2011

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Scottsdale?