"Red Light District" Red Light District - De Wallen Tip by Arfah

Red Light District - De Wallen, Amsterdam: 151 reviews and 181 photos

Night view somewhere at the Red Light District
by Arfah

I've heard so many stories about this place. People say it's a must visit for any tourist and in fact after reading several travel tips, I was convinced that I too must check it out.

We found Red Light District by accident. We were walking from Dam Square and to our surprised we were already there. There were so many people looking excited and curious. Then I saw those ladies inside the glass doors...that explain the whole thing. For those who might don't know, they are prostitutes and prostitution is legal in Netherlands. Some of them were good looking, some were not...really. I don't dare to take any photos of the ladies and I think we are not allow to do that. There were men 'negotiating' as well and yes, I dragged my 56 year old mum along. She was really cool with it...ha3.

Owhh I forgot, around this area...you'll find many shops selling sex stuff (toys, dvd, books, t-shirts, lingerie and others). Some of the shops looked very kinky, but I had fun exploring them.

I didn't really browsed all, one row of glass doors was enough for me. Anyway, I think its a good free entertainment (unless you're planning to 'fish').

Address: Enge Kerksteeg 3, 1012 GV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Directions: Centrum, De Wallen
Phone: +31 6 13572799
Website: http://www.amsterdam.info/red-light-district/

• Updated Nov 17, 2011

“traveling lifts my life”

Have you been to Amsterdam?